Yearn is looking to hire a Technical Writer
Our mission is to make DeFi simple and accessible to everyone. The Yearn Finance ecosystem is a gateway for a set of Decentralized Finance solutions that allow users to optimize their earnings on crypto assets through our products.
Decentralized Finance enables the creation and utilization of financial services anywhere for anyone regardless of ethnicity, age, or cultural identity. This, in turn, creates more open, free, and fair financial markets which are accessible to anyone with an internet connection.
As a technical writer at Yearn, you'll be working closely with the engineering team to explain how Yearn works at every level. There's some catchup we want to play in terms of our docs, as well as supporting new functionality on our existing roadmap.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the engineering team to maintain a central docs site for Yearn targeted at external developers
- Identify and write User Guides and Tutorials targeting popular user actions/flows on the site
- Monitor channels like Discord, GitHub and Twitter where target audience of these docs may provide feedback
What You Bring to Yearn
- 2+ years of experience working closely with engineers to document, understand and explain technical concepts
- Prior experience working as a technical writer
- Experience using GitHub
- Excellent English writing skills
- Comfortable reading code
- Previous developer/engineering experience a plus
- Knowledge of blockchain, decentralized technologies, cryptocurrency and DeFi
Benefits & Perks
- Disrupting status quo through excellence: We take pride in our work and DeFi products We may play in a competitive environment, but our ultimate goal is to grow and support our flourishing ecosystem.
- Flexibility: We support autonomous remote work on either a full-time or part-time basis. Whether you choose to complete bounties as they are posted, continuously contribute in one of our open roles, or make your own role at Yearn, you have the flexibility to add value and join the community however you see fit.
- Learn and Grow: You will be surrounded by a community of enthusiastic and passionate people. At Yearn self-starters and contributors work alongside some of the brightest minds in the space.
- Horizontal DAO structure: Contributors have immense freedom and autonomy. Our cross-functional teams lead to high levels of cooperation throughout the DAO. Everyone has the opportunity to innovate and shepherd new ideas to fruition.
Not the perfect fit?