Decent DAO is looking to hire a Chief Marketing Officer to join the team.
Who are you?
- The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) oversees all marketing operations. The CMO will develop successful, next-level marketing strategy and vision. You’ll direct your team’s marketing efforts toward success.
- You will create and manage our Marketing strategy and shape the offering that is being built by our DAO for our target audiences: developers, future investors/token holders, founders, and the general public.
- You understand our target audience, segment them, position our product, and define targeting strategy, working alongside the product and tech teams.
- The Head of Marketing role within the project balances a creative mindset with a practical one. The ability to build, lead, engage, and inspire your team is a must. If you have demonstrated experience ensuring successful marketing efforts for crypto or software companies or a similar industry, we would like to hear from you.
- Define marketing strategies that support overall objectives
- Develop a marketing plan and oversee its day-to-day implementation and activities
- Network to create and nurture strategic partnerships
- Design and coordinate PR campaigns and promotional materials across a variety of channels
- Organize, plan, and oversee the following executions:
- Protocol go-to-market events
- Content marketing
- Social media management
- Press relations
- Event coordination
- Create a product marketing strategy for protocols, with a strong value proposition that will ensure product-market fit among our target audiences, driving product uptake and adoption
- Use marketing research, competitive analysis, and insights from our community and other sources to map the ecosystem; uncover deep customer needs; and define product positioning and targeting
- Collaborate with the rest of the Marketing team to constantly refine our messaging
- Leverage data and customer insights to recommend current and future growth opportunities, including new functionality, new distribution opportunities, and improvements
- Own the creation of demos and other product-oriented marketing assets and non-technical educational materials, such as blog posts, videos, cases, demos, and content for the website and for the community
- Bridge the technical knowledge of the Engineering team and the soft skills of the Marketing team to create compelling narratives that drive adoption
- Work with Founder to articulate key messaging for audiences
- Plan and produce thought leadership, press, and partner engagement events
- Partner with Community Managers to align content, PR, and social media efforts
- Track and report content and communications program results and metrics
- 6+ years of experience in Product Marketing for Web2 companies
- 2+ years in technology or finance Marketing and Communications; blockchain, DeFi preferred
- Deep experience setting marketing and go-to-market strategies, ideally in crypto
- Inquisitive mindset, with awareness of current market trends
- Exceptional storytelling, written, and verbal communication skills
- Great design and data sensibilities
- Strong track record of delivering excellent media results
- Competent working in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain open lines of communication; collaborate with other teams and suppliers
- Proven experience as CMO or Director (some similar positions considered)
- Keen understanding of data analysis methods and market research
- Application of marketing techniques and strategies across a variety of channels
- Leadership, creatively and analytically; prior experience managing remote teams is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organized and self-aware of what you do not know. We do not hold a lack of experience against you. It is, however, a requirement that you have a willingness to learn quickly and nimbly.
About Decent DAO
Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking cryptocurrency products. Decent Labs’ agency-meets-accelerator model has enabled entrepreneurs to develop innovative solutions and take part in a radical industry transformation. Our passionate, highly skilled team has fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
Today, we pursue our mission on a grander scale, shifting our focus from client work to community empowerment. 2022 marks the genesis of Decent DAO, an open-source collective dedicated to connecting contributors across the crypto ecosystem with the cutting-edge tools and technologies they need to build thriving, self-sufficient communities.
Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive compensation - We believe people should be compensated well for their contributions and are proud to support thriving careers in crypto.
🌍. Work virtually anywhere - The internet has been our home since day 1. No matter where you are, WiFi is all you need to stay connected to the mission.
🌱 Grow as you go - When you’re surrounded by industry thought leaders and collaborative visionaries, leveling up is inevitable. And if there’s a conference or course that interests you, we’ve got you covered.
✈️ Team retreats - Despite our distance, we routinely take time to come together in person, nurture relationships, and make incredible memories in beautiful places.
🏖 Generous paid time off - Supporting the health and wellness of each team member is a top priority. A happy team does exceptional work. But more importantly, we care because you matter.