Maple is looking to hire a Communications Lead team to join the team.
Developed to solve the inefficiencies seen in traditional systems, Maple brings the corporate credit market 100% on-chain using smart contracts to remove time and cost frictions, and executed on blockchains for immutability.
Maple Finance is infrastructure for experts (pool delegates) to run on-chain lending businesses, and have three core customers, Borrowers, Lenders and Pool Delegates. Maple offers Borrowers transparent, capital-efficient financing. For Lenders, a sustainable yield source through lending to diversified pools of premium institutions. Loans are managed and underwritten by sophisticated teams of credit analysts called Pool Delegates, who assess credit-worthiness and set loan terms with Borrowers.
Today the Maple team is 40+ strong, with staff from BlockFi, Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO to name just a few blue-chip orgs. Team profiles are shared on our site here!
Maple and the departments within are scaling fast and we are looking for a seasoned Communications professional to define and implement the communications function within the wider Marketing team. The ideal candidate will be hungry to own Maples comms plan, creating the comms roadmap inline with both business and product strategy initiatives proactively, as well as, react and take the initiative to the highly fluid market changes of DeFi. You will be the POC for all external communications, take on and build further relationships with media organizations, journalists, podcasters and industry events. You will help drive Maples brand profile, reputation, and thought leadership externally, setting the PR and communications strategy. You'll be joining an exceptional team transforming global capital markets and growing the digital economy.
This is a growth hire and will sit within the Marketing team. You’ll report and collaborate closely with the Head of Marketing, who reports to the Founders. Your work and influence will be felt and shine apparent, as we forge ahead to further success and adoption of our technology in global finance. Maple is the leading DeFi organization, in maturing the adoption of Blockchain technology within Traditional Finance operations. You will be the voice of Maple and its teams, to the world and its markets - Strategy/Ops, Product, Sales, Growth, Design, Engineering. There will be no part of Maple you don’t touch to some degree. You will sell our vision, and communicate that in a way that is professional and transparent. Where Maple is in 5 years, will be in no small part your doing!
- Develop and execute an exciting communications strategy, designed to drive Maples brand reputation across identified markets for growth
- Build strong relationships with media in DeFi, FinTech, Finance, and wider Consumers.
- Host successful press events, media days, organizing speaking opportunities etc
- Act as our Editor - Own the editorial calendar for the business, it’s teams and key personalities. Write compelling communications for publication on Maple owned channels, and the Maple product, review and approve all comms and partner comms for and regarding Maple
- 4+ years in PR/Comms roles experience with 1 or more In-House
- Experience in financial services and/or tech companies, giving you the ability to get people excited about, and simplify, complex narratives
- Existing media relationships, bonus if in FinTech, Crypto or Finance publications
- Strong team player, that is autonomous and has a bias to action
- Brilliant copywriting skills
What's in it for you
- Base Salary Range of paid in USDC or Local Fiat currency
- A stake in Maple’s long term success, in the form of an MPL token allocation
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working
- Shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent if you’d like it
- Medical insurance for US team members
- Contract or Full Time Employment opportunities
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite event, check out our first: https://maplefinance.medium.com/founders-reflections-on-maple-s-first-team-offsite-d39472b88e63
Last but not Least!
With our current lending pools collectively having almost $1B in TVL across the Ethereum and Solana applications, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi.
Since our launch in 2021 we've been building strong partnerships with Circle, Genesis, Alameda Research, Framework, Polychain, Wintermute, Orthogonal Trading, Maven 11, BlockTower, Credora and more. Having found product-market fit, Maple is focused on growth in 2022 and aims to reach $5BN in TVL by year end.
If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.