Story DAO is looking to hire a Growth Manager to join the team.
Story DAO is a radical experiment in community world-building. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every creator and fan around the world by building an open Hollywood production studio.
Our vision is to create a platform where communities can come together to create, contribute to, and ultimately become co-owners of the next generation of story franchises. Our hope is that these stories eventually become as culturally relevant as brands such as Star Wars, Pokemon, and the Simpsons.
We create the foundation for story universes in collaboration with established Hollywood writers and amazing visual artists. We then invite and incentivize creatives from around the world to experience our immersive stories and help us build these stories into expansive community IP.
It is the ultimate fan experience - you have access to some of the most famous writers and producers in Hollywood, own the characters, help govern the DAO treasury, and have the opportunity to actively participate in the story development. We are pioneering a “create to own” model.
Story DAO is backed by some of the biggest influencers, VCs, DAOists, and Hollywood talent in the world. Our membership includes the following people and firms: Collab + Currency, Gmoney, Shelby and Sandy, Metaversal, Cooper Turley, Jess Sloss (Seed Club), The Story Brothers, Aaron Wright, Pri Desai, Flamingo DAO, The LAO, Andrew Steinwold, Josh Rosenthal, Packy McCormack, Roneil Rumburg (Audius), James Beshara, Seed Club Ventures, Lloyd Braun (Endeavor), SFermion, Sonny Lee (Silicon Valley), Sabrina Han, Ariel Shaffir & Kyle Hunter (Sausage Party), and Patrick Rivera (Mirror)We are a rapidly growing startup moving at the lightning-fast pace of crypto.
We are a rapidly growing startup moving at the lightning-fast pace of crypto. The candidate we select will play an essential role to the development, culture, and future of the company, as well as paving the way for this new approach to entertainment.
As Growth Manager for Story DAO, you will develop the strategies and drive the execution that will build global audiences* for the organization and each of its franchise properties. You will divide your time between the worlds of Web2 (social media, content marketing, adTech, etc.) and Web3 (where community engagement becomes community ownership) while collaborating with a wide range of team members, token holders, partners and vendors. Initially, you will focus primarily on organic posting and growth, but will also spend judiciously on sponsored content and partnerships – and will grow that budget commensurate with ROAS.
- Audience Segmentation & Targeting – Build user personas for each audience segment (above), including demographics, media usage and other information needed to build a social and comm’s strategy
- Social media marketing – Prioritize and manage key social channels (ie, Twitter, TikTok, Discord, etc.) including content strategies and execution for each
- Influencer & referral marketing – Incorporate Story DAO Producer Token holders, existing followers and targeted external influencers to build a vibrant word of mouth and referral channel
- Campaign management – in tight collaboration with the marketing, product and community teams, build a wholistic campaign plan and calendar for each new franchise launch to maximize exposure and SOV during the 1st week, and keep building thereafter
- Learn fast, learn well – align the organization around the key KPI’s for audience growth, use a/b testing and other methodologies to optimize creative, channels, targeting and other variables; own reporting on outcomes and constantly iterate based on new data
- Best practices – continually monitor relevant Web2 and Web3 properties, and published research for growth best practices, and quickly incorporate same into our media roadmap
- Be DOA-ful – at all times, focus on creating maximum value for our community, executing in the most inclusive and collaborative manner possible
- Audiences include: creators (for a living), engagers (hobbyists) and passionate fans; in addition, each franchise will have distinct audiences, based on its genre and other attributes
Benefits & Perks
- Healthcare: Benefits start day one. We cover 100% of employee 80% of dependent premiums.
- Compensation: Story DAO strives to ensure equitable pay and equity across all levels through data-driven decisions.
- Health & Wellness: Each Storyteller is eligible for a $75 monthly stipend for health and wellness
- Learning Stipend: We provide a $1,000 annual Learning stipend for classes, courses, or conferences.
- Learning & Development: Annually, we offer $1,000 to our Storytellers so they can learn new things and develop their skillsets.