Origin Protocol is looking to hire a Marketing Designer to join the team.
Origin Protocol's mission is to bring NFTs and DeFi to the masses and reach the next 100M users in crypto.
Our flagship products are Origin Story (www.story.xyz), the NFT platform that has powered multiple record-breaking NFT sales, and OUSD (www.ousd.com), the first stablecoin that earns yield automatically while in users' wallets. Our NFT value accrual token, OGN, is traded globally on Coinbase, Binance, Huobi, and other exchanges (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/origin-protocol/). Our OUSD governance token, OGV, recently launched and is available on Huobi, Gate.io, and other top exchanges (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/origin-dollar-governance).
We are looking for a lead marketing designer to create a consistent and compelling marketing narrative/content to support all our cross-functional business units. As a decentralized community with hundreds of thousands of community members, Origin has a presence in dozens of countries around the world. We are interested in establishing a stronger global presence with our brand, evangelizing our flagship products, and communicating more effectively with our OGN and OGV token holders.
You will work with our co-founders, product and business leads, product designers, and Community team to evangelize the Origin mission and products. You should have extensive experience with visual and graphic design with a focus on storytelling and "selling the vision".
Initiatives that you will own include:
- Collaborating with our leadership team to drive new demand for OGN and OGV amongst our community of token holders, developers, and partners
- Working with product marketing managers to effectively pitch Story and OUSD
- Creating partnership decks/collateral for our business development and sales teams
- Creating pitch materials for our Investments/Treasury team
- Maintaining a strong brand for our company website
- Creating consistent graphics for our Community and social media teams (with localization and internationalization in mind)
- Generating email templates, marketing materials for offline events, designing Origin merchandise/swag, and other miscellaneous marketing design tasks
Note: This role does not include product design for Story or OUSD.
- 5+ years experience as a marketing designer
- Top-tier graphic design skills
- Familiarity with the blockchain ecosystem and participants
- Experience with copywriting preferred
- Demonstrated passion and high-level understanding of DeFi and NFTs is a strong plus
- Strong bias to action
How to apply
Apply below and be sure to tell us:
- Why you are a good fit for this job
- Link to your portfolio
- Links to your LinkedIn, your public social media profiles, or website
- Links to any public crypto wallets you own
- Examples of your previous work
Compensation and benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary and a cryptocurrency grant of Origin Tokens (OGN) and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV). We offer health, dental, and vision insurance.
Origin is a well-funded decentralized crypto project, raising over $38M from Pantera Capital, Foundation Capital, Spartan Group, BlockTower Capital, HackVC, Sora, 1kx, and other top crypto venture firms. Our angels include Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of Reddit), and Garry Tan (managing partner of Initialized Capital).
The core team of ~30 includes a PayPal founder, 1st YouTube employee, and product and engineering managers/leads from Google, Dropbox, Palo Alto Networks, Pinterest, Coinbase, and other iconic companies.
The Origin community includes hundreds of thousands of community members and hundreds of open-source contributors. On the NFT front, we count Paris Hilton as an investor and advisor. We've worked with top crypto and mainstream talent, including Trevor Jones, Alotta Money, KSHMR, Don Diablo, Inspiration4/SpaceX, 3LAU, and Jake Paul. Several new startups are building on top of OUSD, and it is integrated widely across DeFi.