Origin Protocol is looking to hire a Public and Media Relations Manager to join the team.
Origin Protocol's mission is bringing NFTs and Defi to the masses and reaching the next 100M users in crypto.
Our flagship products are Origin Story (www.story.xyz), the NFT platform that has powered multiple record-breaking NFT sales, and OUSD (www.ousd.com), the first stablecoin that earns yield automatically while in users' wallets. Our NFT platform token, OGN, is traded globally on Coinbase, Binance, Huobi, and other exchanges (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/origin-protocol/). Our OUSD governance token, OGV, will launch soon and be immediately tradable on additional top exchanges.
We are hiring an outgoing, experienced, and well-networked individual to help build relationships between our project and members of the media. Responsibilities will include public relations, media relations and other external communications. We're looking for someone who help can help us communicate our mission and story to the media, our community, and the general public. You will be responsible for managing our PR efforts across both crypto-specific and mainstream outlets.
You must be able to quickly build rapport with everyone you meet and demonstrate an ability for maintaining long-lasting friendships and professional relationships. You must be friendly, organized and detail-oriented. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and lots of empathy. We're looking for a go-getter who knows how to be persistent without being annoying.
An ideal candidate would be personal friends with writers at top news publications and have relevant media connections in TV, radio, and other media channels. Ideally, you will have existing relationships to key social media influencers and reporters in the blockchain space.
You will be responsible for a wide-range of tasks, including:
- Creating and implementing a holistic PR strategy for our multiple products and tokens (Origin Story, OUSD, OGN, and OGV)
- Interfacing with our external PR agencies (mainstream and crypto-specific)
- Building & maintaining relationships with members of the press & key social media influencers
- Writing regular press releases, pitches and blog posts
- Pitching stories to the press
- Setting up speaking opportunities for members of our team at industry conferences
- Representing the company at conferences, meetups, and other media opportunities
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a PR or communications role, ideally working for a major media organization, tech company or PR firm
- World-class communication and writing ability
- Glowing references from people you've worked with in the past
- Having a strong rolodex of media contacts and a desire to further grow your network
- Ability to hustle and solve problems
- Good judgment, empathy, and trustworthiness
- Having a strong presence on Crypto Twitter is a plus
How to apply
Apply below and be sure to tell us:
- Why you are a good fit for this job
- Links to your LinkedIn, your public social media profiles (Twitter is a must), or website
- Links to any public crypto wallets
- Examples of your previous work
Compensation and benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary and a cryptocurrency grant of Origin Tokens (OGN) and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV). We offer health, dental, and vision insurance.
Origin is a well-funded decentralized crypto project, raising over $38M from Pantera Capital, Foundation Capital, Spartan Group, BlockTower Capital, HackVC, Sora, 1kx, and other top crypto venture firms. Our angels include Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of Reddit), and Garry Tan (managing partner of Initialized Capital).
The core team of ~30 includes a PayPal founder, 1st YouTube employee, and product and engineering managers/leads from Google, Dropbox, Palo Alto Networks, Pinterest, Coinbase, and other iconic companies.
The Origin community includes hundreds of thousands of community members and hundreds of open-source contributors. On the NFT front, we count Paris Hilton as an investor and advisor. We've worked with top crypto and mainstream talent, including Trevor Jones, Alotta Money, KSHMR, Don Diablo, Inspiration4/SpaceX, 3LAU, and Jake Paul. Several new startups are building on top of OUSD, and it is integrated widely across DeFi.