Origin Protocol is looking to hire a Head of People Operations (Recruiting/HR) to join the team.
Origin Protocol's mission is bringing NFTs and Defi to the masses and reaching the next 100M users in crypto.
Our flagship products are Origin Story (www.story.xyz), the NFT platform that has powered multiple record-breaking NFT sales, and OUSD (www.ousd.com), the first stablecoin that earns yield automatically while in users' wallets. Our NFT platform token, OGN, is traded globally on Coinbase, Binance, Huobi, and other exchanges (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/origin-protocol/). Our OUSD governance token, OGV, will launch soon and be immediately tradable on additional top exchanges.
We are looking for an experienced VP of Marketing to lead Origin’s global marketing strategy. You will be responsible for building out our marketing team and coordinating all aspects of our marketing efforts around the world. Your job will be to raise awareness for Origin Story, Origin Token (OGN), Origin Dollar (OUSD), and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV). You must understand the importance of memes in crypto and be able to balance being a crypto degen and traditional marketer.
You should have extensive marketing experience as a marketing leader, while still being willing to roll up your sleeves as an individual contributor even as you’re growing and leading your team. You will coordinate our marketing efforts, starting with high-level branding and positioning, all the way down to tactical details such as content marketing, social media, PPC, influencer campaigns, and events. Origin is a global and community-centric project, so the ability to coordinate with regional managers across multiple timezones is critical.
As a marketing leader, you will measure and report progress against marketing goals. You must have a strong bias for making data-driven decisions and prefer measurable campaigns over unaccountable marketing spend.
You should be a creative and tenacious problem solver who sweats the details. You should have a broad range of skills across the marketing spectrum, including:
- Strategic planning and execution
- Recruiting and hiring
- Analytics and conversion funnels
- Pay per click advertising
- Social media and content marketing
- Retargeting, custom audiences and hyper-targeting
- Public relations, brand awareness, and community outreach programs
- Execute on both paid and unpaid marketing campaigns, AB tests, and programs from conception to launch
- 8+ years experience as a marketing leader
- Deep familiarity with the blockchain ecosystem and participants
- Demonstrate passion and high-level understanding of DeFi and NFTs
- Experience coordinating campaigns both internally and externally
- Experience developing strategy and running campaigns across multiple markets simultaneously
- Utilize a data-driven framework for evaluating channel execution
- Scrappy and enjoy transforming ambiguity into clear actionable steps
How to apply
Apply below and be sure to tell us:
- Why you are a good fit for this job
- Links to your LinkedIn, your public social media profiles, or website
- Links to any public crypto wallets
- Examples of your previous work
Compensation and benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary and a cryptocurrency grant of Origin Tokens (OGN) and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV). We offer health, dental, and vision insurance.
Origin is a well-funded decentralized crypto project, raising over $38M from Pantera Capital, Foundation Capital, Spartan Group, BlockTower Capital, HackVC, Sora, 1kx, and other top crypto venture firms. Our angels include Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of Reddit), and Garry Tan (managing partner of Initialized Capital).
The core team of ~30 includes a PayPal founder, 1st YouTube employee, and product and engineering managers/leads from Google, Dropbox, Palo Alto Networks, Pinterest, Coinbase, and other iconic companies.
The Origin community includes hundreds of thousands of community members and hundreds of open-source contributors. On the NFT front, we count Paris Hilton as an investor and advisor. We've worked with top crypto and mainstream talent, including Trevor Jones, Alotta Money, KSHMR, Don Diablo, Inspiration4/SpaceX, 3LAU, and Jake Paul. Several new startups are building on top of OUSD, and it is integrated widely across DeFi.