Gitcoin is looking to hire a Marketing Lead - Grants Program. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Public goods, including open source software, deliver billions of dollars per year in economic value, but those contributing often aren’t properly incentivized or compensated for their work.
We built Gitcoin as a means to grow and sustain public goods. We have helped people building public goods in Web3 & beyond raise over $60M by enabling institutions and the community to fund each other with cryptocurrency. However as an organization, we can only go so far. In the next phase of our development, we’re building a decentralized protocol that will empower communities to fund their own shared needs using our quadratic funding and grants management tools.
We are looking to bring on a seasoned marketing leader to oversee our flagship grants program. Our grants rounds have steadily grown over 14 quarters to become among web3’s biggest building & funding events, and now support causes like climate solutions & crypto advocacy alongside the many blockchain projects that remain our bread and butter. We’re looking to you to build & lead a growing program that will support the next stage of growth.
- Own Grants Program marketing end-to-end for all target consumers: partners, grantees and individual donors
- Define marketing strategy & priorities for each season, in collaboration with MMM & PGF Workstream (department) Leads. This would include marketing strategies & priorities definition to support our partnerships and grant ops teams
- Ruthlessly prioritize across all levels of marketing for a grants round – across individual donors, matching funders, and grantee – and set up / manage individuals & teams to execute on those priorities
- Work closely with the MMM stewards, PGF workstream leads and manage the Grants marketing team
- Identify what marketing analytics are most relevant and assign to team to gather data to better define and adjust marketing strategies
- Meeting stated OKRs at the end of each season
- End-of-season feedback from workstream contributors
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, with increasing responsibility
- At least 2 years managing direct reports
- Preferred: Has previously served as Head of Marketing for an early-stage startup or a division within a company
- Working knowledge on industry/market trends (specifically Web3/DAO brand development)
- Can support a culture of feedback that is healthy, supportive, and open
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and present problem areas and develop preventative solutions for the team
Our core contributors:
- Understand the ambitions and goals of GitcoinDAO, Ethereum and web3 in general and how they function on a high level.
- Agree that a passionate, inclusive, collaborative team of missionaries always outperforms a loose group of individual mercenaries.
- Are passionate about people and the transformative potential of open source software, blockchain, and disruptive technologies common in web3.
- Get things done and when they can't get them done, communicate why and what they need to get unblocked.
- Are persistent in the face of roadblocks. They take the initiative to fix issues.
- Are comfortable jumping into an unfamiliar space and navigating uncertainty (and a little chaos).
- Are committed to goals, sometimes determined by themselves and often determined collaboratively, and flexible on tactics.