GnosisDAO is looking to hire a Web3 Event Manager to join the team.
About the Product and the team
Gnosis Safe is the most trusted platform to manage digital assets on Ethereum and other leading protocols. Believing in the power of decentralization and open-source software development, we are building the Safe web and mobile application, developer tools and an inclusive online community to foster the core building blocks of the Web3 ecosystem. Gnosis Safe’s mission is to build a better usability and security standard of web3 and protect all user assets while still making them accessible and usable. This is a very big responsibility and hugely important structural task given the challenges that web3 faces.
For more information about Gnosis Safe, check out our website.
You’ll be joining a growing team that currently includes 35+ people. Most of our team is based in Berlin (Germany), but we also have awesome teammates in A Coruna (Spain) and Lisbon (Portugal).
About the Role
As our Event manager, you will be owning the entire events strategy and budget. This includes identifying sponsorship and speaking opportunities, and managing relationships with potential partners and collaborators as we become more involved with IRL, hackathons and virtual events. While initially coordinating external event participations (conferences, hackathons), you will also develop a strategy for organizing our own events (side-events, meetups, team retreats). While we have already been participating in external events, you will have a substantial role in organizing our own events and strengthening our brand name.
What will you be doing:
- Building the event management function and implementing best practices
- Creating and executing our entire events strategy and owning the budget. This includes prioritizing our attendance across events and ecosystems as well as communicating with internal team members on coordinating requested attendance, speaker slots, participation etc.
- Managing event-related partnerships and collaborations with other projects and protocols
- Identifying tools to streamline our events process and coordination
- Coordinating with Gnosis Safe team members on attendance, logistics, ticket procurement and other tasks related to our team attending and participating effectively at events
- Coordinating and planning internal events such as retreats, team dinners, and more.
What you bring:
- You bring demonstrable working experience with relevant blockchain technologies and communities
- You are able to clearly articulate how Ethereum (or other EVM chain) works at a high-level and understand other major protocols and projects within the ecosystem
- You have substantial experience in organizing and attending events in within the Ethereum (or other EVM chain) ecosystem
- You bring the ability to lead the planning and execution of an events strategy within the Ethereum (or other EVM chain) ecosystem and can speak to previous experiences regarding challenges and opportunities
- You love to connect with people and share knowledge
- You are comfortable with creating spreadsheets and reasoning budgets by visualizing models and dashboards
Nice to have:
- You have worked for a major protocol or project and bring technical as well as non-technical expertise
- You have strategically and successfully invested in new event channels by reasoning with strategic reasons behind your decisions
What we can offer you
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? -> We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? -> You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure.
- Not really an early bird? No worries! -> Flexible working schedules and remote work policies are, for a long time, part of our culture
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you with all the tools you need!
But most important - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you're someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, there's a lot of opportunities for you at Gnosis. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!
Please apply with your (English) resume.
We look forward to your application!
Not the perfect fit?