GnosisDAO is looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer to join the team.
About Gnosis Safe
Gnosis Safe is our unique open-source digital asset management solution built for Web, Android and iOS, currently used to manage >$60B in digital assets. For more information about Gnosis Safe, check out our website.
You’ll be joining a growing team that currently includes 30+ people. Most of our team is based in Berlin (Germany), but we also have awesome teammates in A Coruna (Spain) and Lisbon (Portugal).
About the role
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be a part of our Infrastructure team and ensure that backend is running smoothly, as well as working closely with other team members on feature and service development.
Our Tech Stack: Rocket (Rust), Django (Python), Redis, Postgres, Celery, Kubernetes
Check our Github:
- Transaction service: https://github.com/gnosis/safe-transaction-service
- Client Gateway: https://github.com/gnosis/safe-client-gateway
- Config service: https://github.com/gnosis/safe-config-service
What will you be doing:
- Developing Safe infrastructure: Safe Client Gateway, Safe Transaction Service, Safe Config Service and much more
- Analyze and develop new feature and services
- Develop and optimize our service infrastructure with PostgreSQL, Redis, Celery and more
- Basic Solidity Smart Contract development
- Work on the Ethereum ecosystem and interact with Smart Contracts on the Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Collaborate with other teams (frontend, mobile) on ensuring smooth feature development
What you bring:
- Experience in Python OR Rust (experience with any additional language is a plus)
- Git knowledge
- Experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL, or other relational databases)
- General knowledge about caching strategies
- Service Architect knowledge (microservices and monolithic services)
Nice to have:
- Public code repositories / projects
- Knowledge/Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Elastic Search...)
- Experience with Redis or Memcached
What we can offer you
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? -> We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? -> You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure.
- Not really an early bird? No worries! -> Flexible working schedules and flexible remote work policies are, for a long time, part of our culture
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you with all the tools you need!
- If you join us in Berlin, you'll be working with us in the trendy kiez of Kreuzberg in Full Node, a co-working and collaboration space for blockchain projects.
- Visa support for applicants outside the EU.
But most importantly - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you're someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, there are a lot of opportunities for you at Gnosis. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!
Please be aware that this position has location requirements - Berlin (Germany) or A Coruña (Spain).
Not the perfect fit?